Saturday 10 August 2013

Tag: Reading Habits

Evening readers, insomnia has lead me to giving my two pence worth in accordance with the reading habits tag that's been circulating, hope you enjoy!

Questions:

1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading? I tend to read anywhere around the house! On the sofa, at the table, in the bath and in bed - although sometimes I do struggle to read in bed without falling asleep :)

2. Bookmark or random piece of paper? I tend to have a book mark on me at all times, as my worst nightmare is bending the pages in a book! I always keep a packet of the magnetic clip bookmarks in my bag. Cool, I know.

3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/ a certain amount of pages? I can usually stop reading at any time, although I love the sense of achievement when you reach the end of a chapter :)

4. Do you eat or drink while reading? I tend not to eat whilst reading, purely due to my lack of coordination in being able to hold open a book while eating! But there's nothing better than a fresh cuppa with your nose in a book :)

5. Multitasking: Music or TV while reading? People find this difficult to comprehend, but I find it difficult to read without background noise, e.g. Music or the telly! Also, I prefer to read with other people in the room, so I'll just sit along in the living room, completely engrossed in a book no matter what's going on in my surroundings :)

6. One book at a time or several at once? More than often I stick to one book at a time, but I'm happy to have a few on the go :)

7. Reading at home or everywhere? I love to read at home, and at my boyfriends house, but unless I'm at the beach/abroad, I find it difficult to completely commit to reading if I'm anywhere else!

8. Reading out lout or silently in your head? I read novels in silence, but have always been taught to read poetry aloud as it as written for that purpose :)

9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages? I never read ahead intently, although my eyes will always wonder to the next paragraph or page, I hate it!

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new? One of the greatest feelings I find is keeping the books in pristine condition, so definitely new :)

11. Do you write in your books? Although I like to keep my novels and poetry looking brand new, in academic textbooks I go to town! I highlight, underline, bookmark, the whole lot! I also do this with novels and plays if I'm studying them for my literature course :)

So there we have it, my reading habits. What are yours?

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment