Sunday 4 August 2013

August TBR

I actually have exams on the 19th, so should probably be spending my time with my nose in law books, statutes and case law, but alas; the world of literature beckons me.

At the beginning of the month I started reading the infamous Great Gatsby.  My beloved kindle tells me i'm only 20% of the way through the novel, but it's one of those that you spend every few minutes wishing you could drop everything you were doing to curl up in bed with the book! It's not particularly long, so i'm sure i'll be finished with the novel soon and a review will follow.  Watch this space, expect gush. so much gush.



Another book i'm inevitably years late on the band wagon is the Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins.  No, I haven't read it.  No, I haven't been hidden under a rock.  Yes, i'm ashamed of myself.  I've just purchased the trilogy and can't wait to lose myself in dystopian splender.


Another book to start a series for me is City of Bones, by Cassandra Clare. This series is raved about in the book community, so ultimately I wanted to give my two pennies worth.


I'm sure i'll get around to reviewing these beauties in the next month or so, so watch this space.

Let me know if any of you are reading or have read any of these books, and whether you have any further recommendations for me!
I'm contemplating setting monthly themes into order, what do you think?

Now, back to Gatsby.

No comments:

Post a Comment